Wednesday 1 November 2017

Welcome to the Waterways History blog

Welcome to the Waterways History blog. On this blog I will explore the rich history and heritage of Britain's many canals, rivers and coastlines. Sometimes just a captioned photo, other times a full article. I will aim update every week at least a couple of times. I am based in the Midlands so there will be a regional bias though will also cover London and beyond. The themes will be varied, maybe a canal history one day, and an article on lifeboats the other.

I have had a great interest in Britain's waterways for a long time and often explore them. I am particularly interested in the architecture of the waterways and their interaction with other forms of transport and commerce.

All content, unless otherwise stated is original and is copyright Kris Davies.